Thursday 2 February 2017

Celebrate the holiday season

Hi there! I'm back with another card, a Christmas spinner card this time.


I used one of my shaving cream and distress reinker marbled panels to stamp one of the tree stamps from the Season's Tweetings set by Winnie & Walter (twice) and die cut the sentiment using my neglected NBUS Block Out dies by Little B. I fussy cut the two trees and adhered them together with a piece of white thread in between. The tree is almost symmetrical, but not quite, so I snipped off the extra bits on either side and then went around the edge with a black marker. I secured the ends of my thread to my card base from which I had die cut a circle and then adhered my debossed (an old NBUS Cuttlebug embossing folder) and die cut front panel on top of my card.

I heat embossed the second part of my sentiment (from my NBUS Frenchy's Festive Florals stamp set by Winnie & Walter) in white onto a snippet of black cardstock and added a tiny strip of foiled cardstock (created using glossy accents and gilding flakes) behind it to incorporate more of the colours of my tree. The pictue below shows the shimmer of the gilded strip as well as the flip side of my tree.


After I had added my sentiment, I decided I needed a little something extra, so I used an eyelet tool to create a few cicle embellishments from my inked panel and added those around my circle frame.

Challenges:
Allsorts - #400 Let's celebrate



Darnell's NBUS #10 - Anything NBUS goes
(haha, come to think of it, 
I used my embossed panel backwards, 
so I'm also using the optional twist, 
since last Tuesday was National Backward Day in the US)


ATSM - #227 Make your mark


ABC Christmas - D for Dimension





9 comments:

  1. i have never tried this technique with the shaving cream. Love the effect you got Marianne. Love the hanging tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superkaart, mooie contrasten en frisse kleuren. Xx Ineke ☀️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, another one! You're on a shaving cream roll! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must use all my sheets of shaving foam prints, they have sat in my stash far too long!
    Thanks for the inspiration and for making your mark at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the technique you used on the tree. Fantastic card! Thanks for sharing it with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I forgot Nat'l Backwards Day!!! SO happy to see this, and the backside too if it were spinning! Gorgeous marbling Marianne ... never tried the shaving cream - not a re-inker in the house - I should remedy that, right? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spinner! Never thought of using the shaving cream technique for my marbling--looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I'm always doing that with my e/fs, too, Marianne! And I do it so often with those stitched rectangles; it makes me crazy cuz I don't see anyone else doing it! It's usually after my card is done, so I pretend I meant for it to be that way! You stole my heart with this card because I love those colors so much. Your tree spinner is just divine! Thanks for playing again in #10! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that marbled spinner tree! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete